These statements are suggested for each key stage as an indication of having secured the appropriate skills and experiences for the Skills category of the employability framework.
- Children are confident to try new activities, and say why they like some activities more than others
Key Stage 1
- Recognise and choose the correct value of coins and use to calculate change
Key Stage 2
- Developed planning, budgeting and marketing skills
- Understand why making informed decisions (from a financial plan) will help make the most of money to be spent or saved
Key Stage 3
- Communication skills required in an interview setting.
- Budgeting and understanding how to manage a household budget.
Key Stage 4
- Experience adult work environment
- Be able to reflect positively on feedback from employer interviews.
- Understand key skills needed by employment sectors
Key Stage 5
- Higher order literacy and/or numeracy skills that have embedded –i.e. real life – applications