These activities are suggested for each key stage as a means of securing the appropriate skills and experiences for the Enterprise category of the employability framework.
- Build in opportunities for children to play with materials before using them in planned tasks.
- Avoid children just reproducing someone else’s ideas
- Plan linked experiences that follow the ideas children are really thinking about.
- Use mind-maps to represent thinking together.
- Develop a learning community which focuses on how and not just what we are learning.
- Give opportunities to design practical, attractive environments, for example, taking care of the flowerbeds or organising equipment outdoors.
Key Stage 1
- Find out about a person who has their own business or is self employed
- Create a mini enterprise e.g make and sell items to raise money
Key Stage 2
- Create a mini enterprise e.g. run a stall, sell sponsorship space for school calendar?
- Manage a budget e.g. class stationery budget
Key Stage 3
- Develop and implement a business idea
Key Stage 4
- Involvement in a social action project either within school or externally in the community e.g. V inspired
Key Stage 5
- Use prior learning to inform a successful business plan
- Manage a small team of peers undertaking a cooperative exercise
Skills & Experiences
- Know we can get money in different ways
- Begin to understand about working to earn money