These statements are suggested for each key stage as an indication of having secured the appropriate skills and experiences for the Communication category of the employability framework.
- They are confident to speak in a familiar group, will talk about their ideas.
- Children express themselves effectively, showing awareness of listeners’ needs. They use past, present and future forms accurately when talking about events that have happened or are to happen in the future.
- They develop their own narratives and explanations by connecting ideas or events.
Key Stage 1
- Answering and asking questions
Key Stage 2
- Provide reasoned justifications for their views
- Noting and developing initial ideas, drawing on reading and research where necessary
Key Stage 3
- Students participate in mock interviews with volunteers from the business community.
Key Stage 4
- Communicating with an employer
- Writing a letter or email attending an interview
Key Stage 5
- Demonstrate emerging management skills leading to completion of complex projects