These activities are suggested for each key stage as a means of securing the appropriate skills and experiences for the Character category of the employability framework.
- Use Persona Dolls to support children in considering fair ways to share and get on with each other.
- Involve children in agreeing codes of behaviour and taking responsibility for implementing them.
- Provide books with stories about characters that follow or break rules, and the effects of their behaviour on others.
Key Stage 1
- Describe what they are good at
- Identify something they would like to get better at
- Set a target for themselves
Key Stage 2
- Create 3 positive affirmations about themselves
- Name 2 strategies they could use if they face disappointment
Key Stage 3
- Understand behaviours required in the work place.
- Perseverance and resilience.
Key Stage 4
- Develop personal profile possibly on line.
- Personal profile and presentation skills embedded in curriculum areas such as English/ Drama and CEIAG (CEGNET – careers across the curriculum
Key Stage 5
- Undertake community or other local service entailing significant and sensitive communication skills
- Act as sixth form ambassador, guide or peer mentor